Thursday, 17 March 2011

Life the universe and everything.

A deep one this time.  

My name is James Kinloch and I have been alive for 11 years and 3 months.

A pretty weird statement you might all agree but a truthful one none the less. My first life ended on the 11th of November 1999. At just after midnight after being rushed into hospital and into an emergency theatre.

I came round in an HDU hooked up to a dozen machines and my first thought was disappointment that I wasn’t still dead. Weird I know but I explain it later. Being not alive probably one of the most restful things I have ever experienced – and yes I did experience it.

Im not going to talk about how amazing life is now that im on life 2 or how I have changed my philosophy of life, or even how much more I give to others, because frankly I don’t lead that kind of life, but I can maybe give a little bit of peace to some.

You see dying is not the colossal final act that you think it is. There is no fanfare, no terrifying finale, its just, well, nice.

Ok ill explain a little better, Mothers will get this better than men. Its 2 am, you have spent the last 12 hours in labour, your completely knackered and I mean at the absolute end, cream crackered and all you want is blessed rest. You close your eyes, let out a sigh and finally after soooo long fall asleep.

Well, that’s the same as dying.

There are no thoughts of your own mortality, no last minute what ifs and absolutely no fear what so ever, even if just a few short moments ago you where in agony. Its just – relief and calm. Its not the big and scary event that you pictured at all, nope its just the same as wanting to sleep.

Near death experiences normally have the same saintly results. People who where once possessive and materially based become generous and talk about “not needing it really”. They also site the root of all evil being money and how they are now reborn Christians and devout believers.

Bollocks to that.

I like possessions, and I know I cant take them with me – so, I want to enjoy stuff while I can. Money is not the root of all evil, greed is, and that’s the truth. I don’t have money, I have no real need for it. My wife pays the bills and sorts out all of the finances and I get what I need. Im happy with that and so all is well.

Dont get me wrong, my dad says that “Money does not buy happiness, but it least you will be miserable in comfort”. I think I can handle that!

But here is what I did learn.

The people in your life are the most important things in the world. Yeah its nice to have shiny things, and its nice to be successful, but real worth is measured not in your estate, but by how much you have changed the lives of those around you.

Look at your self right now… Go to a mirror and ask yourself just how many people will remember you when your dead? How many people will tell a story about you? How many will pass on a little nugget of information to someone else that you gave to them? How many will really, really care.I know that my kids will miss me, i have done everything in my power to give them the lessons and learning thet need to live a full life. This is way more important than a pony and a new car.

Being alive is not about your own success, its not about being rich, or famous, its not even about having a mortgage and feeding your family. Being alive is about passing something of yourself to others, its about helping other souls find their way and giving them the tools to help others. 
If you can make just one single human being want to be like you (for the right reasons) then your living a real life.

Life is not about the path you follow,
Its about the people you touch along the way.   

1 comment:

  1. A truely awesome blog mate and i believe it was Bruce Lee who said that the key to immortality is to first live a life worth remembering

    ReplyDelete