Friday, 4 March 2011

5 minute poem


Decided to sit and write a random 5 minute poem. 

Ive called it. 
Cuppa

I sit alone here at night, pouring over these words I write,
Who would have known you would come to me,
The whole world stops, for a cup of Tea.

The words dance on the page, like memories from a different age,
And still the comfort that comes to me,
is delivered by a cup of tea.

My babies birth and my first fight, my mothers passing and the endless night,
Memories so clear to see,
all come back with a cup of tea.

The times I cried with all my heart, my life confused, back to the start.
And all those times that I had to flee,
come rushing back with a cup of tea.

But then that’s just the bad thoughts, don’t think of these, I was taught,
Just think how nice life could be,
and relax with a cup of tea.

And now I set here and a smile, I think ill just chill a while.
Life is good and I am free,
because I have my cup of tea. 

I know its silly, but it made me giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment